Mercy College is a NCAA Division II member and offers intercollegiate, intramural, and recreational sports. All full-time students (at least 12 credits) in good academic standing are eligible to try out for college teams.
Freshmen who qualify under NCAA eligibility rules are immediately eligible for varsity competition, and transfer students are welcomed under provisions of the regulations of the NCAA.
With four campuses in the tri-state area, our venues are diverse: fields overlooking the Hudson River in Dobbs Ferry, Van Cortland Park in the Bronx, and other sites host a variety of individual and team sports.
Mercy College's varied athletic facilities are available for use by both individuals and groups, and include:
- Victory Gym
- Mercy Gym (men's and women's basketball, and women's volleyball)
- Mavericks Field - brand-new Revolution Turf field (men's and women's soccer, women's field hockey, men's and women's lacrosse, men's baseball)
- Baseball field (connected to Mavericks Field)
- Outdoor handball courts
- Smith Field (softball)
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Fitness center (in Victory Hall)
- Tennis courts
Mercy College Athletics QUICK FACTS